At GESSNER’s facility in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, a concerted effort is being made to lessen its environmental footprint. The facility has managed to decrease its water usage by an impressive 30% compared to the previous year. Recycling initiatives have been ramped up, resulting in the monthly processing of approximately six tons of cardboard and a significant reduction of waste sent to landfills - over 22% annually.
These sustainability measures were initially introduced during the facility's ISO 14001 certification process in 2021. However, GESSNER is committed to maintaining and expanding these efforts. Through increased recycling and heightened awareness of sustainability within the company, GESSNER continues to strive towards minimizing the environmental impact of its manufacturing processes.
A conclusion of our actions:
- Water Conservation: The facility has significantly reduced its water consumption, achieving a 30% decrease compared to the previous year.
- Recycling Initiatives: GESSNER's Pittsfield Facility is dedicated to recycling, processing approximately six tons of cardboard each month and diverting over 22% of their waste stream from landfills annually.
- ISO 14001 Certification: The certification process in 2021 highlighted the company's commitment to environmental management and sustainability.
- Minimized Environmental Footprint: Through its various initiatives, the Pittsfield facility is actively working towards reducing the impact of its manufacturing processes on the environment.
- Waste Management: The company has made significant strides in managing waste effectively, reducing the amount sent to landfills.
- Responsible Manufacturing: GESSNER's Pittsfield Facility is an example of responsible manufacturing practices that prioritize environmental conservation.